Only a true philosopher could define the Internet.
My hands-on experience is of a place "far, far away" from whence
come rumblings of a society in flux.
I was impelled, internally kicking and screaming to the virtual keyboard
almost ten years ago. The main incentive to learn was easy to spot.
Just a few more technological advances, a handful of communications systems that seemed alien,
and I would probably never make contact with the people who are coming behind me, both in age and
social awareness.
So there was nothing for it.
I knuckled down.
Almost a week was once spent convincing Microsoft systems that I was not a pirate.
That gave me plenty to blog (and complain) about, I can tell you.
Discovering photography was an eye opener. People who will argue all day about
a fact or a point of grammar will (mostly) just look at a photo... like or dislike
what they see... and pass merrily on.
I had found my virtual metier.
So Davimack's wondering about whether the Internet may or may not
be a place has caught my interest.
Darned if I know...
I'll certainly think about it...


