Saturday, April 24, 2010

Musical Biography

I cannot praise the lady in Readings Bookshop in Carlton too highly.
Not being well up on Australian writers, I asked for help with choosing a book with a musical theme. A dash across the floor to the lowest shelf in the darkest corner... and I was presented with Anna Goldsworthy's memoir.

Book Cover

It's delightful, well written and with a very optimistic air.

And... in the interest of balanced reporting... it rang less bells with a blogger called Jeremy Fisher. His fearless attack on the book reminded me of the directness of much Australian criticism.
It made be laugh, which added to the joy of having found such a really good book.

2 comments:

Maryo Bukan Sekedar Blogger Bertuah said...

very interesting...I Like your writing...Visit too my blog...

Photographe à Dublin said...

Thank you for your kind comment.

I'm very pleased to discover your interesting blog.