Was it not also a black and white film with Gerard Philippe? I seem to vaguely remember that from my alas distant childhood...
I don't know if "Fanfan la Tulipe" rings a bell?"http://filmsdefrance.com/FDF_Fanfan_la_tulipe_rev.html"I have never seen it, but it looks interesting.It's a pity so many black and white classics are no longer seen on mainstream TV.
There used to be re-runs of Fanfan la Tulipe all through my childhood. Is that the story of La Tulipe Noire?
I'll have to investigate further.All the French, Japanese and Swedish classics in BW seem to be jumbled in my mind at the moment.Shall share links, if I find good ones.
There is a bewildering number of French films with men in fancy hats..."http://lesdossierscinemaetcie.ifrance.com/DUMAS%20ALEXANDRE.htm"Dumas is so popular... and his stories so confusing. Alain Delon seems to be everywhere:"http://www.problogs.com/Post1004.htm"The original "Black Tulip" story I remember from reading a childrens' classic was about a prisoner who was trying to breed this rare bulb.Everybody seems to be of noble birth in these stories and usually in disguise.Julien de Saint-Preux
Post a Comment
5 comments:
Was it not also a black and white film with Gerard Philippe? I seem to vaguely remember that from my alas distant childhood...
I don't know if "Fanfan la Tulipe" rings a bell?
"http://filmsdefrance.com/FDF_Fanfan_la_tulipe_rev.html"
I have never seen it, but it looks interesting.
It's a pity so many black and white classics are no longer seen on mainstream TV.
There used to be re-runs of Fanfan la Tulipe all through my childhood. Is that the story of La Tulipe Noire?
I'll have to investigate further.
All the French, Japanese and Swedish classics in BW seem to be jumbled in my mind at the moment.
Shall share links, if I find good ones.
There is a bewildering number of French films with men in fancy hats...
"http://lesdossierscinemaetcie.ifrance.com/DUMAS%20ALEXANDRE.htm"
Dumas is so popular... and his stories so confusing. Alain Delon seems to be everywhere:
"http://www.problogs.com/Post1004.htm"
The original "Black Tulip" story I remember from reading a childrens' classic was about a prisoner who was trying to breed this rare bulb.
Everybody seems to be of noble birth in these stories and usually in disguise.
Julien de Saint-Preux
Post a Comment