Friday, July 16, 2010

Suddenly Last Summer...

Nobody can quite work out why the crime and thriller genres are enjoying such a flowering on the international fiction  scene.

As friends  never tire of hearing, one of my photos now graces the cover of "Winterland" by Alan Glynn. By association, I now must identify myself with the growing iconography in duotones and neo-noir colours that are the fashion today.

The discovery of all the interesting writers "out there" has
led to many friendly exchanges on the Internet and I am really delighted by the fact that a photo, picked from among millions, resonates with the theme of a well written book.
This could be the beginning of "la photo juste".

"Winterland", by Alan Glynn


Meanwhile the shock of finding that the World is a large basin of passion, vice and general mayhem has gradually subsided.
However, my reaction to having a photo chosen as cover art
continues to amuse my friends...

"I have a lot of really lovely flowers as well, you know..."

No comments: