Our trip to Rome last year has finally been co-ordinated into a photographic collage.
All the writers who were bedazzled by this country would fill volumes.
The Americans, in particular, could not get enough of the art and culture.
Hawthorne and Henry James are just two whose work wove its magic during my student days.
It was strange not to have visited Rome before last year. I had a classical view of the city and it turned out that the imaginary city I had created was not unlike the place I found. Everything was much larger, more brash than I had expected. The monuments fill the eye and attract photographers who spend hours recording identical images.
Writing about Rome would be a real challenge.
For the time being, the photos will have to suffice.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Breaking news shows riots on the streets of Rome.
It's about time that people think clearly about how intimidating this sort of activity is and how it crushes tourism.
Peace...
Post a Comment