Friday, May 20, 2011

Invasion Neurosis

The idea of pure race is best explored on an island. It is an insane idea at the best of times and the previous post was meant to highlight the bizarre history that was taught in our schools and on which many people blame "The Troubles".




My own view is that intelligence is best tested by how a person or a group solve the simplest questions, not by their ability to repeat reams of facts and figures. History is a subject that I have always found boring as it is used so often to cause trouble. Having grown up drawing Norman castles in primary schools led to an interesting dislocation of psyche. I somehow wondered if I should not be living in Le Havre, though my teachers always despaired of my literal mindedness. And how could I be a Roman Catholic? ...


I had never been to Rome.



As everyone knows, however...



The map is not the territory.

No comments: