Monday, May 23, 2011

Quote of the Week

Weasel words make me laugh.

We are now so punch-drunk from "great historic moments" being marched out on TV that I'm thinking of getting rid of this quaint, backward technology that is so complicit in "winning hearts and minds" so that "lessons can be learned".

In the past I have been "palpibably excited" by the "extraordinary generosity" of many people, though the one that stands out in my mind is that shown by the Jesuits when they donated a Caravaggio to "the Irish people" that would make "a maiden blush". How anybody managed to "eat cake" while sitting under such a grotesque and homicidal "masterpiece" was "hard to stomach".

But among the "heartfelt outpourings" that flooded the island last week "the biscuit" has to be taken by the person who proclaimed:

"There is nothing the queen loves better than a horse" as her husband stood awkwardly by.

I suppose we have to "suck it up"...

No comments: