Here's today's thought on the subject:
There was a lot of discussion about life and art when I was at school.
I think that many people are more relaxed about the arts these days. There's a very good book online, interviews with David Lynch, edited by Richard A Barney. If you make a search for "art life" in the box, there are some very lively thoughts on the subject.
"Why do people want art to make sense when the accept the fact that life doesn't make sense?" is thrashed out, with seemingly the view that art holds the same place as religion when it comes to making sense of life.
Gardeners seem to take a broad view on all of this. While nature does not actually make logical sense, it certainly gives a comfortable structure to everyday life. I think it would be hard to find a truly artistic gardener.
We are too pragmatic...


No comments:
Post a Comment