Friday, December 16, 2011

Visitors?

Visitors to this site are welcome. Analytics lets me know that most seem to come from the Anglo speaking world,
mostly the US, but with the odd person dropping in from India.

The curiosity that Internet activity has engendered is strange in many ways.
If, twenty years ago, I had been told I would be chatting with strangers on different continents,
relaxed and pleased to make new contacts, I would have been very dismissive.

Now it seems natural to wonder who the visitors from Rhode Island might have been.

I hope they found some pieces that caught their interest and I have just discovered that there is a group
of writers in that neck of the woods who specialise in writing romance.

It's an ever shrinking world.




Balustrade at Castletown House

4 comments:

seana graham said...

Every once in awhile I look at stats for my blogs, but it isn't really a satisfying experience, so I try to avoid it. I find I don't really like to think about what anonymous random viewers might be thinking, but I am always happy to read comments. Comments make me feel that I am communcating with others, rather than just sounding off. I don't mind if people don't comment, but as they remain cyphers to me, I don't really want thinking about them to cramp my style.

Photographe à Dublin said...

It's worth remembering that only a very small proportion of Internet users actively produce new material.

The majority surf, view Youtube and read blogs, so I find it helpful to see where some of my visitors come from

It could, in time, lead to some posts on the subject of virtual travel blogging.

As to what they think... that's anybody's guess...

seana graham said...

That's interesting, because I tend to think that everyone and her brother has a blog these days. But when I stop and think about the friends I know who do, well, it isn't very many.

Tales from the Birch Wood. said...

Blogging takes a lot of time, especially when it comes to making photos.

Since I am retired and content to keep up learning new skills I treat it like work in many ways.

The number of people who have made impertinent remarks about blogs in general has been surprising, but they are mostly from my own generation of baby boomers.

Young friends have been incredibly helpful with tips and links to programs for editing photos.

I draw the line at Youtube as I like still photography and don't have plans to make little films.

That could change in time...